So Much for a Relaxing Weekend.



Friday I finished work early, which was a bonus as I had arranged to get out of London for the weekend. I was heading up to Nottingham to look after mother, who had been a little under the weather. And I was also booked to look after my 2 year old nephew.
Seeming as I’d finished work early I took the opportunity to get an earlier train, as my original time of arrival was nearing midnight. Now it was looking like 7pm.
I arrived at St.Pancras station and saw that I had 5 mins before the train left. My ticket was only valid to Kettering, but I was going to chance not buying an extension to catch the train.
The rush was all for nothing as, as I put my ticket in to the barrier for the 17:16 train, access was denied. With a look of confusion a member of staff informed me that my ticket was only valid AFTER 7pm. Bloody typical! So I now had almost two hours to kill in the cold station. Which considering the size of the forecourt, lack a serious amount of seats. The seat that were available I wanted to avoid as they were on a mission to give everyone that sat on it piles. They were freezing.
Finally arriving at my final destination, everyone was getting ready for bed. My nephew had had stories read to him and was almost sound asleep. His parents packed and finish to do list before their departure in the morning.
Saturday morning. My first appointment was to take the little man to dance class. I was looking forward to this, being a dancer myself I remembered how much fun classes were at such a your age.
Down side was, class was at 10:30- so there goes my lie in. As he’d have to be washed and fed before then. I was told that the class was not too far away and would be a nice walk home. So after his nana dropped us off  we walked back. I didn’t have his safety harness OR his push chair. Which proved a fatal error. The 20 minute walk home turned into an hour. I was on edge the whole time as we were be a busy road, the little man insists on jumping off every wall or bench he see and the path was wet and muddy. Oh and as I didn’t have the buggy, I didn’t have his nappy bag-therefore i didn’t have any tissues for both our runny noses. And boy was it cold out.
With one near miss of running into the road to get away from the ducks; we made a stop off point at the petrol station. Quick rest and got some tissue. Though little man got preoccupied in looking at all the colourful sweet wrappers that he didn’t want to leave. Argh!! I carried him out and though once i put him down, he really didn’t want to move. ‘on your marks, get set GO!’ the one way to get him to move as he thinks he’s a runner.(bless, he's reall yvery good) It worked but little man got under my feet and as I was running to i took an massive fall to the ground in the forecourt of the petrol station. Why did it have to get busy when we left-I'm sure everyone saw me stack it. Blood was all over my hands, baby crying, me wanting to cry. But had to quickly get up, act cool as if nothing happened and carry baby with my blood, bruised hands. The pain was too much and as my hand were a bit cold, it felt worse.
It was such a relief to get back to the house, in the warm and having some lunch.Little man was still full of energy and myself a bit worse for ware. With that big adventure out of the way, I wasn’t planning on leaving the house again. Though we did! Gran, nan and myself took little man dress shopping in TK Maxx. Once again, no safety harness. So on his own accord, he got one of those baskets on wheels and began his own shopping around the toy section. Half an hour later of myself looking at dresses I’m in the que with one purchase...A Bob the Builder jig saw puzzle. All in all a successful day for the little man. J

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM