Time for take off

All checked in now having breakfast and waiting to go.
I spent the day before packing, like ALL day packing, unpacking, repacking, unpacking again and repacking. I almost cried. Never before had i struggled on what to take.
Having a mental list of what i wanted to take. Priorities First, my shoes.
Dance shoes, leisure shoes, day shoes and going out shoes. Total lined up and ready to go into the case.....20!
I know, before you say anything, its too many. I found this out once putting them in and seeing that i had no room for anything else.
Four hours later I've whittled the shoes down to 10 pairs and my case weights a little over 24 kg. When i say a little over, its verging onto 26 and I've still not packed pajamas.

After talks with friends and housemates apparently all i need to take are 4 pairs of shoes, five max- this is coming from both men and woman. So what am i doing wrong.

I painstakingly return to my suit case and eliminate two pairs. Bringing my total down to ten!
yes you read that right, i miscounted earlier and found out i had more than i thought. With three pairs out i could afford to take PJs. Though i still lacked weight allowance for my evening dresses and hand bags. (I'm carrying those items as hand luggage and clearly wont be doing any shopping whilst away). But now according to my scales I'm bang on 23kg! *claps well done.

Lucky got me i didn't even have to carry my cased on. My own as my bearded sub letter left for work at the same time as me, and being a true gent, made sure i got on my train and tube with little hassle.
I've never taken so much away on holiday before. But when you're away for four weeks in LA, a girl needs options. You never know where you might end up.

Finally at bag drop off, i can gladly announce that my case cane in at a suitable, verified weight of 21.5kg. Maybe i can do some shopping after all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM