LA baby!

Its been quite some time since I last wrote anything, but life's been quite uneventful. 
Well there was Cannes Film festival last year, which was an experience; though I never found the time to sit down and share that with you. 

Never the less, here I am, fingers to keys about to bark on what could be an adventure of a life time. And life changing....we'll soon see. 

September I received a reasonable pay check and decided after two and a bit years of saying 'I'm going to go to America' I clicked onto the Virgin airline website and booked my ticket. That now done, it was set in stone that I would no longer be a 'sayer'. Its time to see what the land of opportunity has in store for me. But with two months to go, no excitement was there, what's the point of getting excited for something so far away. 

Now with only 7 days to go, I'm feeling something. Nerves, my tummy turns with the thought I'm going away, alone for 4 weeks....that's a whole month!!! On my own. Far, far away! For the first time I won't be away with staying with friends or family. But unlike my year 8 school trip to the Isle of Scilly, I can't back out last minute. This has to be done! 
I'm sure ill bump into people I know out there and one week my college friend is going to fly out. I went with her to Singapore for New Years...that was amazing!  (She's managed to book us into The Beverly Wilshire Hotel for a week...Very snazzy, I hear they filmed Pretty Woman there. I love staying in hotels....oh the breakfast Buffet.)


For the past week I've been mentally sorting out what to pack. I've counted almost 20 pairs of shoes and that's not even taking some that go with certain outfits. And I'm thinking 7 bikinis might be too excessive also? 


What are my plans for when I get there? 
Nothing is planned yet, dance classes, acting workshops, nights out, sightseeing, hiking ...I have ideas for the bigger picture but I'm just going to do me, swan about and decide in the moment.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM