So here I'm Am

The end of my three months in LA is approaching, 21 days lefts to be exact.
I can hear you ask,'Has it been amazing?' 'Will you go back?' 'What did you do?'

Well firstly, it was not a long holiday, some of the photos may have made it look like that- but that's what weekends are for, plus I'd be a fool to miss out on not enjoying the glorious  sunshine.

Has it been amazing? Honestly...no. I'm here living in a city where I know practically no-one. Amazing would not be the word to describe my time here. It has however been a  bit of a learning curve,

  • I've realised how much of an open minded person I am.
  • I tend to not really know where things are going day to day
  • I like living alone and being able to walk around naked. (I use to be a bit prudish)
  • I find myself in very weird situations more often than I'd like
  • I really don't like being tied down
  • I could easily live in a different country
  • I love meeting new people
  • I should not talk to strange people on the street
  • I hate dating sites
  • I'm ready for my next adventure
  • You can meet people who instantly have your back 100%
  • You realise life can be very lonely

I came out to LA without much of a plan, just take class, network,meet people, collaborate, get an agent and my visa. Most of which I've succeeded at. the latter I have learnt a lot about.

I've had people ask me on Facebook 'How come you've gone?'  'Did you save?' 'I wish I could go'.

Now as lovely as I am, I hate it when people say such things.
If you want to do something in life, do it. Don't be jealous, don't moan and stop waiting for it to be handed to you.

Through out my life, if I said to my parents I want to go somewhere or do something, they would let me do it. If it goes wrong they'd just say 'Well now you know.'

If an opportunity arises, take it, say yes! You just never you what you will get or learn from it.

If an opportunity doesn't arise and you think life is not going the way you planned. STOP! Make a change, do something that you wouldn't normally do.
Hell, look at me. I'm always trying to create opportunities. I guess that's why I'm here. And no I didn't save, I don't live a lavish lifestyle, I have no commitments, I don't have much money but there will always be work available, I do the best with what I have and pray I eventually end up earning a health amount. But why miss out on life.

I'm not saying get in debt, just be sensible and don't miss out because you are waiting to save more money before you go. You could die and what did you do with your life. So go on. BOOK IT!
oh, and don't wait for someone to go with you. Fuck that shit. If I waited for people to do things with me, I'd still be home waiting. And the times I invited and waited for people, we ended up not going places and missing out on great times.

Never be afraid of doing things alone. I advise everyone to take themselves for dinner in a restaurant, go to a bar on your own, the cinema, the theatre any event. I've done this for years, maybe because I've always been single. When friends aren't around, I'm not going to sit home and sulk. (maybe when I'm PMS-ing I will but...)  You see things so differently.
And travel, I implore your to travel, when every you can, to where ever. And at least once on your own.

Right, this has gone some place I didn't plan. I blame the music playing in the cafe I'm sat in.
But hopefully you've enjoyed reading this.


NB. Two weeks before I was in LA, I was in West Africa...I think I have the travel bug.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM