How To Save A Life...

There are days that I wake up and think, I’m just going to stay in bed, there’s nothing for me to get up for, I have nowhere to be. I seem to be having that thought every time I have a day off. And currently, nearly every day is a day off for me.
I’m also starting to think, what if i disappear? Just vanish, maybe even die? Nobody will notice. Not for a few weeks at least. I don’t have a regular job, so that won’t be a problem. And I don’t have close friends that see my often for them to notice. At the moment I’ve realised again, that I don’t have anything here. I spent three months away in a different country, not really knowing anyone and ended up feeling a lot better there than I did here.  “Its better to be lonely in a place no one knows you.’

( A series of emotions you might feel....)

I’m not going to die. Its just a thought I play with, I haven't planned HOW I will die. So its not even a deep thought…Just a passing one, so maybe vanishing will be a better fit for me.

Over the last few yeas I have heard of new that a few people I knew took their own lives. It came as a shock to us all and left us thinking why? They seemed such happy people, but i guess what shows on the outside isn’t reflecting inner thoughts and feelings. Its not easy to ask for help and say you're lonely. We all need someone,support, a person we can call up and will always know will be there at a drop of a hat. But sadly, not every has that.
One of my friend told me of how an ex of there’s was back in contact. They just wanted to chat and have a catch up. But they ware busy. “I can’t talk right now, i’ll call you back another time’. 
A few days later, she still hadn’t been in touch and  police came by telling her they had died.  (She was one of the few people he’d called before taking his life.) 
 I’ve heard people moan, ‘oh, they keep messaging me and calling, I don't know what they want, it’s so annoying’.
Now I’m sure I’ve been that annoying person who messages and guy or sends a funny random text to a friend. Its not out of boredom, its to start a conversation, to feel connected.



I people just took fives minutes out of their day to return a call or a text, and be open and kind, that may save a life. 

I personally, never block a call. even if i am super busy, Ill quickly answer and tell them ill call them bad when I’m free. It could save a life or make their day better.

Here are some links to Mental health, loneliness :



 ...or 'feeling down':
http://www.buzzfeed.com/annaborges/get-happy  ...Number 8, 9, and 11 are top ones for me!

But for now DANCE IT OUT!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM