Monologue.

Monologue 3: Too Clever (unisex role)
Classroom, pupil is sat in the middle. Doing some drawing or day dreaming with head down.
Yes sir! (Sits up at the desk)
I have been listening...
What did you say? (Looks blankly)
(Impersonates the teacher) Pages 32- 38 for homework, in for next lesson.
Sir, I don’t want to come across as rude or disrespectful... but you just don’t interest me, I mean (stutters) you bore me.
(Mumbles) oh shit.
It’s just that I’ve done all of this already in my old school. So it’s really just a waste of time...for me.
This isn’t sounding too good, is it sir?
Ok, maybe not a waste of time as now I know how much I actually know.
(With a sense of pride) I’m confident in this subject, sir. (Smiles)
.... (Confused) my behaviour? How’s that fair? I’, top of the class though Sir, top marks....
Oh, that. I didn’t mean to hurt him, my aim was just a lot better than I expected (chuckles slightly)
But Sir, he ALWAYS gets nose bleeds, you can’t blame that on me.
I know I threw it, but it wasn’t actually meant to leave my hand.
I don’t...it just...I’m sorry!
Thank you. Thank you sir.
My parents are away with work.
I’ve taken everything you’ve said on board Sir.
.... (Defensive) you’re still going to send me to the head mistress?! That’s not fair.
(Sweetly, sarcastic) Do I really look like the type to cause trouble? (Smiles/ wide grin)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM