Monologue.another one

Monologue 4: From the Outsider.
Karen, late twenty’s. In this scene she is wearing food stained clothes, hair is a mess, but an attempt has been made to do it nicely - it looks unwashed, greasy. A little eye make- up is worn.
Her friend Josie has come round to take her out.

I look like shit? Thanks!
How can you even say that? Have you ever lost someone?
So how can you tell me you understand how I feel?!
You've not got a clue, you can't even start to imagine of the pain that I feel.
Ill tell you, but then you just pretend to care, or try to understand. For fucks sake, I don't want sympathy, I want to heal!
I want to see his face, hear his voice; I'd give anything to touch him, to smell him.
But this isn't going to happen, I won't see him ever again- only when I dream. They seem so real, yet as I start to wake I notice tears rolling down my face the vision of him fades and I try so hard to fall back into the deep sleep, back to my dream where life was how it was, how it should be.
I could sit for hours talking with him, listen to him go on and on. Christ! I even missing him moaning over the shit I'd try to watch on TV. And that drove me up the wall. (Laughs)
That's not even the worse part......you think you've had your heart broken. No, you haven’t, you're heart break won't last as someone else will come along and put it together again. Mine will lie here shattered in a million pieces and every memory I have will just remind mind me how I’ll never see him again. He’s gone! And I didn’t even get the chance to say all the things I wanted to say to him.
So please, don't tell me you understand- you won't, not until it happens. But that’s life, it ends. Oh God, if I could stop anyone from this I...I just want him here with me.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Life goes on baby, the shiw just goes on and on and you have to just keep in walkin. Take one step at a time and keep.on moving.

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM