A repost of Some Old Writing

A little taste of Romance.

So you may have recalled me saying about me always being single. Well just a few weeks after that post you would not believe what happened?!!! Yes you guessed it...I had a date. Well, I thought I was just meeting a friend for drinks. This friend I think I met on twitter- so 21st century. He'd invited me down to the site he was working at, but due to lack of communication; that failed. So once out of our busy period we finally met up.

Now details were vague on our meeting. 'Meet at 6pm and we'll go to get some food or some swanky bar. Not too sure of where either was, I made my way to into London and text on my arrival. 10 mins later, I'd had no reply! And started to stress, I was nervous, I'd had dates stand me up on various occasions and now I was thinking that this guy had seen me waited and walked on by. Argh! I hate dating, always a massive fail. Time now drew to 6:27pm and I'm still waiting, so I boldly sent another text saying ' it’s almost 6:30 and I'm about to leave to go home'. ARGH!!! No! I feel tears- What a loser, pull yourself together! It’s not like you've been stood up before and you’re a strong independent woman.
I began to make my way to a pub to sort myself out and low and below, the guy calls asking where it was. Now, just remain calm, act cool and breezy. After locating each other and trying to avoid me having a massive emotional meltdown- I said don't worry, I’ll be there soon....GPS on, let’s go.
Solution to get there quicker, I jump on a bus. Now me and buses don't really mix, not that I'm too snobby to get on them- it’s just that I walk on any one that looks like it’s going in my direction and every now and then it doesn't. This happens to be one of those times. It took me in a bit of a circle, so I got off and walked but my bloody Google map doesn’t want to work properly. I’ve walked past the same group of people 3 times, watching my phone and feeling like a bit of a twat really. Eventually I arrive at this bar and you wouldn't believe it....I’ve only been there before- worked a few times for some events. How stupid of me! Right big breath out (currently feeling like going in and having a massive go at this guy, as any real gentleman would have said, stay where you are and ill come and get you-well in the movies they do). And in I go to see him waiting with a bucket of Presecco.

To cut a long story short, several drink later and a few snacks I've actually found someone on my level. Dry humor and easy to get along with- though BIG ego. So much so I had to tell him we'd need a crane to lower him out the building (jokingly). He also did a bit of name dropping, trying to impress me. He kept me thoroughly entertained.
 I think I could really like this guy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM