Plus 1

There on the floor, dropped through the letter box. A lovely cream envelope addressed to me peers under the mix of junk mail and bills. The hand writing feminine and very neat. Puzzled I wonder who on earth it could be from. Not many people know my address and it's certainly not my birthday. I reach down to pick it up from under the other post and as its closer I have a feeling that I know the sender, but cannot quite place who sent it. But what I do know is that the sender does not know me, as its address Miss Sarah Sharman and COMPANION!!! Surprised and confuzzled. Now up in my flat, letter still unopened, I continue to quiz who it could be from. My housemate looks over and laughs at the title and gives a 'good luck with that look'. My family know I'm single and all my close friends too. No one's getting married or anything like that. So what could it be?
Hmmm? Now I’m reading into this 'companion', what does it imply? And why on the envelope?
I open it up to find that it is from a family member for a birthday party. Nice, so really no companion needed. But, what if...this is a hint to bring a significant other? Are they secretly questioning my sexuality? Why did they just put on the invite plus 1? (Bloody hell I'm thinking too much, it's only an invite) Guaranteed I'll be the only single adult there. Should I bring a friend? Or does this 'companion' title mean, actually don't bring a plus one unless necessary? Who knows? But maybe I'll surprise my family for once and take someone with me; I feel I have an obligation now. So readers, I ya fancy a date (I use that word VERY loosely) let me know. It will be a very entertaining party I assure you ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM