Oh what a Night. Hufff!

So the other day it was arranged that Sat night we girls will head out. I wasn’t going to be in London town, but if it was all going ahead, I’ll come back for sure.
Fast forward to Saturday afternoon and I'm packing my things for my return to London. Text to see if it was all going ahead, as I didn't want to get an early train if nothing was happening. I got the thumbs up for after 9pm and told that I’d get a call at 6pm.
I gathered my bits and made my way to the train for 6:17pm. Couldn’t get through to my friend, but thought I’d better get on the train. Finally got a text that they didn't want to head out late and they might head to their local, which is nowhere local to me. Slightly fuming inside as I could have stayed where I was, but due to many events in my life, I geared myself up for this night out so felt let down.
But hey! Let’s not show it. I got back to my empty flat, got my pear cider out and was grooving to Radio 1's Trevor Nelson show. I was having the time of my life....yes on my own.
Whilst I'm going full out I have a text from a different friend...'getting the 10:10pm train, join us out'.




Why not eh? So I jumped on my 10:10 train into central, told them I was on the way and they replied THEY WERE STILL AT HOME. Wtf???!!! Are you serious, you tell me to come out and your running 40mins late? Why did I even bother? Its ok, the night is still young.
I headed over to the bar they said they were going to. Met a few friends there, but was so out of the loop and was NOT feeling the music. I drank my drink and left. Lucky I got a call from a gym friend. 'Come meet me by the plaza'.
So off went. And guess what? 5 minutes later, he has to go as he gets a call from a distressed friend. 'Ill see you Weds' he's says walking off on the phone.

I should have stuck with the good thing I had going. ME, my cider and big tunes on the stereo at home.

Oh well, I just about made it home. Woke up from my doze in time to rush off the train, I would have ended up in Gravesend: o!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM