Art at a Risk-Piers Secunda

http://www.aubinandwills.com/en-gb/stores

As I was saying, The Aubin + Wills in Shoreditch, surprise me with a gallery on their 1st floor. Not too sure if I was allowed to go up, I thought I'd try hesitantly. As I stepped in the room it was hard to see what art was displayed in the vast space. But as I progressed further in, I could see holes in white plaster and to my right a title on the wall 'Taliban Bullet Holes and Crude oil Silk-screens'. I assumed that the artist had decided to create an affect of shootings. But I was wrong. Piers Secunda had ventured out to Kabul determined to casting real gun fire shots.

With two Soldiers and a journalist friend Piers was taking to locations where suicide bomb attacks were made. The story of the attack is some what horrifying. Dug out from the scene was a medical book, which had been machine gunned. This can been seen at the exhibition.


I shan't say much more about the exhibition, but I do recommend going down to see the work and read the story behind each work piece.
http://www.aubingallery.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM