PART 3 Gate Crasher? Or Opportunist? Auditions.

As I walked over to the gym, I had a thought of the old dancers trick. When some people have been cut from an audition; they go away and change their look and go back in and end up getting the job. Some big names have done this at the start of their career and now, it's my turn to give it a go.
In the changing room of my gym, I removed my glasses and put in my contact lens. Applied a different colour lip stick and touched up my bronzer. Gazing in the mirror I wondered what else I could do. I didn't have a change of clothes, so I thought I'd just remove my cardigan. Oh, and my hair. It had been tied back all day with a side parting...I'll let it down. Simples! Well, not quite. Those of you with afro hair or thick curly hair will know. If you have had your hair tied back all day, when you go to taking down. It remains in a pulled back style. (Not a great look) \solution, fully mu fringe forwards, ties a bit back and add a quiff....Da daaaa! A new me :)

I looked at the time and gathered by now my lover's friend would have finished, as with the other girls that were waiting. It's safe for me to return and not be humiliated.
As I waited to cross the road, I noticed a Greggs. The poor man had been sat in that small room from at least 10am on his own. He probably didn't want to add another person to his list because he was starving and wanted to get home. Into the bakers I went and purchased one steak bake, hoping he was a veggie and I'd finally be seen.
Back in the hall waiting, the girls asked what time I was in. I didn't lie and told them I'm just here hoping for the chance to try and yes the pie is not for me, it's a good will gesture.
By this time it was really quiet. He came out again, and I hid. I didn't want to be turned away again. The end of the day was drawing near; no one else was turning up. This could happen. The last girl came out and left. The man in charge went off to the loo, as he came back, I'm sure he didn't know it was me who had been before.  I was asked what time I was down for.
I passed him the pie (he was delighted and started to eat it as I took my seat) and I casually said, 'quarter pass four, Sarah Sharman, I think I'm you last one for today'. And you wouldn't believe it; He got his note book out which had a list of names in. And I wasn't there...AGAIN.lol.

I really surprise myself at times. I do some odd stuff but recently I've been a bit fearless. (I think it the guy I'd been seeing had put a spark in me) Realising at the end, if I was called back for an audition, he wouldn't be able to get hold of me. So I routed through my hand bag for my mini photo business card, handed it to him saying ’I’m without an agent at the moment, but you can contact me here, if needed'.


CONCLUSION: Don't make a habit of gate crashing auditions, but at times in life it's good to just through you in the deep end. You never know how it might end, but it’s a story to tell the grand children. And the worse answer you can get is a 'NO'. And they come at no expense in this industry, so just add it to the collection ;)

Comments

Shar said…
I did, thankfully :D
Hard work pays off.x

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM