There's no business like show business!

As much as I love the industry I’ve trained in, it’s hard to ignore the fact that you're not going to get far unless you 'Know' the right people. And as life goes on this becomes more and more apparent.
It’s a sad fact- though sometimes hard work occasionally prevails.
I'm one for hard work, to train and exceed you're ability. Yet it’s hard not to get disheartened when you know you're better than someone else, yet because they know the person in charge; they get the job. Now how is this fair?
Every job has their 'clicks' whether in the office, in the shops or at school. And though you may be liked, if you don't know someone that knows someone of worth, you get chewed up and spat out.

And it extends to agents, they soon forget about you or finds someone that fits their 'click' better.

Now even though I’ve learnt the fact that it's all who you know, I don't believe in this way of work. Why someone should be given a job or a better chance based on the fact that someone has heard of you or that you're a relation of so and so?

But now I sit and wonder, when you have so much talent and drive, how is it possible to get your big break?
 Auditions and castings are being missed as agent has too many people on their books to remember you. Word of mouth fails, unless you are at the auditions in the first place to get talking about what's coming up next. Or when you do find out about an audition, you've missed it by a day, or have taken work to pay the bills. Really?! What does one do?

Well right now, I shall sulk and then get back to sending cv's and photos like I've always done. And just pray that one day the spotlight will shine on me, not because I know some VIP, but because I'm worthy of the job.

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are already a star my lovely friend and trust me one day you will have your spotlight , not because of who you know , but because your a fighter xxx love you and so will the rest of the country at least ,one day xx josie xx

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM