All Hail the Fencing Champion!

So week for, our last evening of our beginners fencing course. And what do we have in store, a competition! And I do like a bit of healthy competition: D
 I never expect to win or boast that I'm going to beat someone, but tonight I was feeling very confident. Once kitted up we were ready to commence with the game. A few of the men feeling very overly confident and becoming quite sexist!  Well this isn't good conduct for a gentleman's sport. So I give them a look of disgust and hope I can whip their ass.
The competition started without any kind of warm up and guess who was first on the Piste...ME!
Well here it goes! I'm up against left handed Nick, who I've only fought once before. Round one and I'm feeling very cack handed and just warming up. He wins that round. Now getting into the flow of things I manage to score 2 points, but faced defeat for my first match. Not down hearted, I relax by the side for my next match and watch the others.

Game 2 I'm up against the uber cocky Jonathan. This man has just given me the 'you're going down sign'. I shake my head confident that that's not going to happen. Plus each week I’ve been up against him (he goes out of his way to play me and help me get in my kit-weird) and he plays like a girly girl.
On the piste I win round 1, round 2 and 3 and 4. The game is out of five, so you know I've WON! Feeling very smug and excited I laughed in his face as we shook hands. (Being carefully though, not to get a yellow card as such behaviour can produce such things). He was so sure of himself, the whole class chuckled too. Shame!

In total we all played eight matches, I only lost 2 of those, placing me 3rd in the table and leaving all the other girls at the bottom.  I WAS THROUGH to the semi finals, but I was against the best gut in class. And boy was he quick with his foil! The 3rd round of that match he'd lunged and got me off mark. He had managed to stab me dead on my knee. A quick scream of pain and I was back in the game determined to get a point after that. I got one in, but failed to beat him. I was left wounded...only physically - yes I actually had blood pouring down my knee. But it didn't matter as I had retained my third position and put me on the podium. (There wasn't actually a podium there, but I imagined it and receiving a medal). 


I shall be continuing with this sport as its so much fun and doesn't feel like a work out. It's also great fro destressing. If anyone is Interested in giving it a go, here  are the details.

FRIENDS & FAMILY OFFER
If your family & friends are sick and tired of hearing about your fencing escapades and would like to join a beginners course of their own. We have extended the following offer for all existing special offer customers:

4 Week beginners' Course - £24.99 (reduced from £75.00)

To receive this discount please choose your preferred course date on our online booking form (www.fightingfitfencing.com) and use the following code during the booking process: GP0002
Please pass this code to all your friends and family, they are more than welcome to use the code as often as they like. 


Let me know how it goes! 
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM