Out for a London stroll.

The thing I like about London is that if you have the time and patient you can stumble across some great little finds.
I finished filming earlier than expected, so on my way back into London from Harlow. I decided to get off the train a few stops from where I was due to change. I'd been calling round to see if anyone was free to meet up, but couldn't seem to find anyone available. And I really didn't want to head home, it was such a lovely day; I didn't want to waste it.
So I alighted at Hackney Downs, to stroll down to Shoreditch High st Station. Not knowing which way to head, got out the map on my phone.
It’s funny, I work all over London but not really know where I'm going most of the time and when asked to go somewhere that I think I’ve never been, turns out 95% of the time, I get there and yep...I’ve been there before.
On my stroll I was seeing building that I'd seen before: O I surprise myself, but I guess after seven years in London, I should know it.

It was nice walking past parks and seeing families playing on a sunny winter's day. There were little pop up vintage stalls outside pubs and people out enjoying their weekend off. (I enjoy people watching, great for character building) and for me to step back and think, life is good.


I went down from London Fields to Cambridge Heath. Mare st was busy! It was going to the end of the work day, but still people were going about. Kids were being told off, food cooking in restaurants, butchers selling big joints at reduced price. Sari's sparkled in the shop windows, they colour sending me off to a thought of sunny destinations. And let’s not forget the HUGE cakes on display, with fine detailing and a size that would match a young child.
The East end is full of life, some traders were outside looking at the held up traffic and a car have been lifted onto the back up a truck. Though the truck was failing to go anywhere as one tradesman was stood in front taking photos of the tow truck. Car were honking, I stopped to find out some details. Apparently it's a common occurrence cars being taking away along that road and causing chaos for everyone. And no matter how much people complain, it’s a money making scheme for the council, that will continue. So no matter how many photos, letters or phone calls; there won’t be any change. The poor many taking the photo eventually got his foot ran over by the truck, as the driver had had quite enough.
I carried on along the Bethnal Green Rd, and came across, in conjunction with V&A museum, The Museum of Childhood. I did not know this existed and instantly got me thinking of what things it may hold that related to my childhood. I didn't venture in; I'm going to save that for another day.
http://www.vam.ac.uk/moc/

Finally arriving at my destination, I decided to take I quick look in the Aubin Cinema, to see what they had showing. My evening of getting all glammed up was still looking down, so I had to find something else to entertain me. Their choice of film for that evening wasn't till a lot later. Now what to do???
Well, did you know that the Aubin and Wills store in East London not only have a clothes department and Cinema, It’s also has a Gallery!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM