Gate Crasher? Or Opportunist? Auditions PART 2

My next audition was at The American church. Thankfully this one I had an appointment to go. Though no list was there so anyone could have turned up and be seen.
My time was between 10-11am. I arrive at 10:15 and see another girl at the door waiting to be let in. I assumed that she was here from the music video casting, like me. So I followed her up to where we had to wait. It seemed quieter than usually, but I sat myself down and waited to be called in. As we waited, she took out some paper, which looked to me like a SCRIPT. WTF? Why has she got a script and why hadn't my agent sent me mine. I asked her and discovered I was waiting at the wrong room. Thankfully I did ask, cos I was just going to sit there and go in and blag whatever I would have had to do.
After my audition I bumped into a girl that I had met a few weeks back at an event. She was in the wrong place for her audition, so I pointed her in the right direction. Then I got to think, what is it that's going on up there...I'm going to find out. So up I went and found out that it was an audition for a feature film and the main character was black/mixed race girl in her 20's (well that's me obviously). Now when opportunities knock, you have to be ready. And what's life if you dint take the chance. With nothing to lose, I waited until someone in charge came out to ask more about the production and if they will have any other dates for auditions.
There was only one man there with a little video camera, he seemed a bit flustered and asked if I had the script. (Well that would be a no) as I didn't he give me a card to call the office and send my details.
I made my way making the call as I left. I WILL GET AN AUDITION. Whilst on the phone, I noticed a girl who had just come out from the film audition and without much thought at all I found myself going over to her and coyly asking if I could have her script. She was so lovely and passed it onto me without any question and I skipped off. I went back in and had a ready through. Time was ticking and I had another appointment to get to down the road. I thought to myself, I'm not going to get seen in this little time I have so little go and come back. That way I have more time to digest the script.

After about an hour, I returned. Waited outside the room for the man in charge to come out.
'Hello, I’ve manage to get hold of the script, do you mind, If you have time, could I audition please?'
The chances were very slim as he was running late and still had many to get through, but if I didn't mind waiting, he's might be able to fit me in.
Well, I didn't have any where to get to, so I began my wait. Hoping that no one else turned up. Just as it was getting quiet; I got hopefully. But then someone else would pop their head round the corner. So I'd move further down the queue.
I was having a nice little social sat there. The other girls thought I was a bit 'Hollywood' and ballsy. I just saw it and nothing better to do and all a learning curve.

An hour’s had gone by and the man popped out again, looked around and saw the amount of girls waiting- he broke the bad news to me. That he was sorry that he wouldn't be able to see me as he still had too many to get through.
I my head, I felt like just sitting there all evening until he did see me. But a friend of the guy I'd been seeing was there and didn't want my crazy little story getting back. I called it quits and went over the road to my gym to sort out a little problem there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM