So why are you single?

Every so often I am asked by various people, 'Do you have a boyfriend?' follow by 'How come you're single?'
The first answer is No. But then I never really know how to answer the following. I say I'm too busy, or I'm not looking. Then they ask why? err....er.. I hesitate before they then ask,
'Whats your type/into?'. Now i don't really understand this.
My dating experience is few and far between. Throughout school I was every guys friend. (not a tom boy though) and general couldn't care less about having a boy friend then, and a little now.




If I'm asked out on a date, i sometimes accept, THEN I decide what I like and Don't like about that person; if they were to be my boy friend. (No one has yet qualified to round 2). Being 25 now, I still carry my single status; which doesn't bother me as it does my family and friends. But I guess when you have always been single, it becomes a life style. I can do what i want,when I want and not have to wait around for people. You get into a routine and everything is focused on yourself.
I think some people are meant to be single, and this may be for me. Well, at this stage of my life at least. I have goals that I want to meet, Maybe it will be more fun to have someone on the journey with you. But I don't want to waste my time with short term love stories and heartbreaks.
I am a rock, an In dependant women who can look after herself. And this I guess is why I am single...my strength as a strong woman repels guys. 
This is my theory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM