The Tale of Two Shoes. Continued.

So you've seen the sexy shoes that I decided not to buy. And I can hear you all screaming at me 'you should buy them'.
Well, these shoes have been the topic of discussion everywhere I go, and the photo of it comes out like a proud mother showing off her good looking, single son. So clearly, this new found love is one that should be united.
 Friday night, I plan to wake up early and be the first one in the store Saturday morning, ready to purchase.

Well Saturday morning is colder than I thought and getting out of bed didn't happen as effectively as I had planned.
I get myself ready to brave the cold in my big, diva fur coat (faux) and have everything that I need for the day, as after POPPING to the shop to get the shoes; I'd go straight to my drama class. I'd also planned my shoe wearing, so I have the ease of trying them on when I get there. (FYI, I wore boots- easy to take off and no faffing with laces) there's nothing worse than having too much to deal with when trying things on.

My approach to the store was with great faith, though there was a backup plan. (I know at least 3 other locations with ZARA stores). But my faith was too strong with this store, as I went to the location of my love; the first pair I picked up wears my size. SO Happy right now! Now to get full view of the shoes and how good they will look on, I wore a skirt. (I sound like a shopaholic...really I'm not, I'm just organised).
In front of a mirror I slide my feet in. The strap seems a bit odd and I become slightly puzzled at how it's meant to go round. After working it out and strike a few poses. (Not vain, just trying to see every angle). To my utter dismay, my heart sinks a little. The strap doesn't sit nicely and the shoe looks too bulky from where I'm standing. Now I'm having second thoughts. Maybe my tights are causing this, but now filled with uncertainty; I put them back on the shelf and walk away.

I remember seeing some other shoes and go and see if they have been reduced any more...no luck there. I've made this special journey and it now looks like I'll be going away empty handed. What a waste. I roam a little longer in the store and end up finding some nice black, heeled boots that could be worn daily. So I buy then to ease my pain.

And decide to go home....maybe I'll pop into H and M on the way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM