The Tale of Two Shoes.

The problem with living in London is there are too many shops.
Now Thursday evening I was on my way to 'You, Me, Bum Bum Train' (Google it, it's not dodgy like you're thinking). And as I was passing through Covent Garden, I thought I'd quickly POP into Zara and see what their sale has to offer. It’s that work POP again; thankfully my mother was not in tow.
Now, I had no intentions of buying anything. You know January; money is all spent from Christmas and work is a bit on the dry side for us self employed types. And I really didn't have the time deal with the Que. But, there at the back of the store were some lovely boots and next to nothing in price. I needed these boots, no, I really did! They are able to be dressed up or down and my others had made too many appearances. So HELLO new placement. Very quickly, I tried them one and continued my quick scan of the shop. Nothing else really caught my eye that I needed or could justify buying. Though as I made my way to the till, I saw these....

It was love at first sight. I had flashes of me wearing them to some glamorous event or maybe even a date.
Tick Tock, time is going and I need to get to this Bum, Bum thing. I'm freaking, do I get them? The price is next to nothing either. 'But realistically Sarah, you’re not going anywhere at the minute and they are only going to sit in your room, in their little box.' The voice in my head was right, even though I stood thinking, I shall find somewhere to wear them!
Argh, I have no time to argue with myself over these shoes, I've got to join the mammoth Queue to pay for the other shoes that I shouldn't be buying.
I struck a deal with myself. If the shoes were still there on my next visit, in my size; I'll buy them. I'm certain I'll wear them out at some point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Hair Angel

Unfinished writing :2015

Who are you without them? POEM